Stoptober: the 28-day stop smoking challenge
Are you thinking of quitting smoking? Research has shown that if you quit for 28 days, you are 5 times more likely to quit for good.
Stoptober begins on 1 October 2020 and there has never been a better time to quit!
Quiting smoking is the best thing you can do for your own health - and the health of people around you. It is never too late to quit.
You will start seeing the benefits immediately, not just for your health but also your finances.
It is never too late to quit.
You have made a great decision to give up smoking. Here are some tips to help you succeed.
Once you have picked your quit date, remember to add it to your calendar.
- List your reasons to quit.
- Tell people you are quitting.
- If you have tried to quit before, remember what worked.
- Use stop smoking aids.
- Have a plan if you are tempted to smoke.
- List your smoking triggers and how to avoid them.
- Keep cravings at bay by keeping busy.
- Exercise away the urge.
Good luck. Throw away all your cigarettes before you start. Remember, there is never "just 1 cigarette". You can do it!